WELCOME!

Monday, June 16, 2014

Cat Tales - Tiles!


15 June, 2014
Houston

Kim had fought the good fight. We watched over our new little kitten as he lay near death on the floor of the bathroom. It was a sad vigil. We all knew that it was against the odds for this little kitty to beat such a severe case of distemper. 

Knowing this night might very well be his last, I laid down on the towels and bath mats that carpeted the tiles. My mother put layers of them there so Kim would not be cold.

As I lay there, I held my little kitten, and did not expect the little guy to make it through the night. He cuddled close to me to keep warm, and we also had the space heater lit for the same reason. I stayed up for awhile, but fatigue took its toll, and I drifted off to sleep. 

I awoke next morning to find Kim alert and actually walking around. He made it through the night!!!  The worst has passed.

The next few days went by, and he grew in strength and alertness. He no longer showed symptoms of the disease, and soon we had no further need for the heater - nor for the towels and bathmats that completely covered the floor.

One morning I went into the bathroom and Kim followed me - curious about everything I did. I began to collect the towels so we could wash them. 

As I picked up a couple of them, the hexagonal ceramic tile floor was revealed. It consisted of 1" white hexagons with a black one interspersed here and there. 

Seeing the little black spots appear where before only a plain white floor had been, Kim got startled big-time!

He suddenly jumped high up into the air off the bathroom floor - his little legs extended straight out and stuff - and his claws spread out like an open hand. He bounced up and down on the floor like a jumping spider! Then he began to swat at the black tiles one-by-one, but of course they did not move. 

IF a cat could think like a human, I can only imagine what he would have thought after spazzing out like that over a few little tiles! He would have been embarrassed no end. As it is, after having investigated all of the little black tiles in his newly-discovered floor and realizing they belong there, Kim moved along. He was an itty-bitty kitty with a big, wide world to explore!



No comments:

Post a Comment