WELCOME!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Chesapeke Bridge and the Train

I love trains! I like riding them, watching them go by, seeing pictures of them, etc. 

I also like bridges - making connections - crossing waters that divide.

I love folk music and country music. 

One day I saw a picture someone sent me of a fast train coming over a bridge. 

I always wanted to write something about trains, and this came to me late one night.

26 Sept 2012

The Chesapeke Bridge and the Train





Out of the mists 'round the Chesapeke bridge, 

My old love is comin' on the train; 

I greeted the sunrise with a bottle in my hand,

and so now I'm feelin' no pain. 


That old train it keeps on a-rollin' - 

speeding fast onward down the track, 

The wheels and the people keep a-movin', 

It's nice that sometimes they come back.




 But the days and the times keep a-changin' 

Yeah, things ain't the same as before; 

My life hasn't been the same since you left, 

From the moment you walked out my door. 



So speed on by silver bullet, 

Let your steel wheels make you fly and fly, 

But from now on it's just this here bottle and me, 

And I'll watch that express train roll on by.

No comments:

Post a Comment